Tuesday 4 May 2021

Rebuilding and Instantly Mining the Lead Mountain

 By the end of the Challenge I'd levelled my lead mountain. So I've been shopping and bought stuff to start to stock it up.

Obviously I immediately started to paint them


1st up another map. This one is for Vietnam, although most of it could double for North America and Europe. There are 5 Vietnamese villages, 2 fire bases , a US HQ, tarmac'd road and some girder bridges. I really love making these maps and have get another 200 hex bases to make more of everything and desert version

As it's a map it needed counters. These are from Magister and there are 6 Hueys, 8 Skyhawks, couple of boats, M113, couple of downed helos and bases for USMC, US LRRP, NVA, VC and civilians

I've been looking to complete my Turkish WW1 force and these 30 Kurdish irregulars will almost do it. The rest are on order. These are actually Northstar SCW Morrocans but the differences are minor. 

I've given each section different coloured flowers for ID


I can now field a massive Turkish army for WW1 and RCW. I know you say "complete - Ha" but it's now almost too big for a bolt action battle and the drawer is full

Finally I had a delivery from Pendraken and it included this windmill which arrived pre-painted. it's a lovely model but big for 10mm, esp as I've been using 6mm buildings. Th.e figures with it are 15mm

Right I got some more 10mm Italian Wars figures to paint to complete that collection, that drawer is overly full, God knows what I'll paint for the next challenge. I'm overly concerned it may be something ridiculous, OK more ridiculous


8 comments:

  1. Ha ha, you just need a proper sized project to get into !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't think they make projects big enough

      Delete
  2. You could just play a proper game on your map board. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you've been a very busy boy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. apparently so. not even posted the Nam figures. Yet I tough I'd lost my mojo

      Delete
  4. Eclectic mix as always...map is looking great.👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers, yes I am a massive butterfly - possibly even Mothra

      Delete