Wednesday 17 April 2019

The Final Confederate Units (for now)

So having committed to completing 2 opposing divisions of my ACW forces I've completed what I need to do for their first full outing at the end of the month. We will be sorta fighting the 1st battle of Kernstown in a dance studio near Billingham. I finished the Union forces a couple of weeks ago and have now completed the Rebels. i say completed but you all know what I mean.


1st up a couple of bases of horse holders from Perry


The final Confederate unit, 61st Georgia, part of Gordon's Brigade, Early's Division - mix of manufacturers

Finally a couple of bases I was missing - Perry plastics

There are 2 more limbers but the photo was shocking, even by my standards.

So that is 36 infantry regiments - 730ish figures, 4 cavalry regiments plus dismounted figures - 48 cav plus 40 foot, 12 artillery pieces plus 4 limbers, about 10 commanders and some bits. All in all about 900 figures, about 760 painted by me. I still want to do some skirmish bases for the infantry and at the moment they are regiments of 20 figures. Whilst I can merge them into larger units I would like to make some of them 24 figure units, although I would need a new boxing system for them, so in theory another 150ish figures to paint
I started them in my 1st analogue hobbies challenge and they have come on a pace since then. It's been a 5 year voyage and i think they will take me most of my life 


12 comments:

  1. Nice work Martin my collection is growing slightly slower but I have no sense of ever finishing .....should I call you Matt now ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers. You can be Matt 1 and I can be Matt A. Needed to finish them off for now. Will give them a rest for now

      Delete
  2. Great, great project, Martin! Nearly finished? Yeah, right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a blast. Finished for now. If I collect loads more I'll never have enough space to play. So obviously I'll end up with more

      Delete
  3. Glad you.said “for now” ... roll on the bring and buy at Partizan eh

    Nice stuff Martin .. reminds me I need some horse holders for the Sudan too ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes "for now". In no rush to do more at moment but there will be more brigades and lots of vignettes i think

      Delete