Overall I'm 3rd in the total painting list, averaging over 3600 per challenge for my 5 challenges and only 39 points behind Dave who has done 8 challenges
I also finished my ACW collection and then unfinished it. I have a new goal which is to have 2 full divisions, 1 per side. I've picked Early's division and Birney's division - 1st Division III Corps as they were at Gettysburg. There s a little tweak as I have an extra Union Zouave regiment but that's a minor and colourful tweak.
I'm putting on a full ACW battle at the end of April and therefore need to finish the missing units so here is the 1st lot
Couple of Union Limbers. These a basically scratch built with the horses being some terrible ones I had from Irregular miniatures. I had to add harnesses out of milliput. The limbers are either from the Victrix British Napoleonic artillery box or made with some metal wheels I had. The outriders I made from a mix of Nap British Hussar legs, cast bodies and heads and arms from the bits box. They look OK, not great, but seeing as they will only get brief time on some battle fields they will do
Union 6lb cannon, Victrix cannon and figures i bought from Hammerhead bring and buy
Union camp fire. This will make a useful objective in the upcoming battle
Confederate General - this is Jeb Stuart and was a Salute figure that I picked up from ebay
Finally at Hammerhead I bought a couple of vehicles from Urban Construct. They are not great quality but one of them had lots of potential. It is an armoured tractor for VBCW. I armed it wil at Boyes ATR to make it the equivalent of a deadly "tank hunter"
The paint job is bloody terrible and hasn't worked at all. Will paint it again. It was a undercoat issue - used shiny green paint and it just hasn't worked.
Off to paint 2 more union regiments and 1.5 Confederate regiments - I am obviously 8 figures short. Also need to paint 2 more limbers and some confederat horse holders and I'm done - again.
Nice t be back