Sunday 14 January 2018

Team Yankee - How Cheating can Beat the Russian Horde

On Saturday James MacMillan and me were invited down to Dave Docherty's for a 1st play of Team Yankee in 6mm. Dave has a great wargames room. James and me were the Brits and Dave the Russians. 1st time Dave's Russians had fought in 29 years, and the 1st time my army had had an outing.

The battle field. Russians at the top under command of comrade Dave. The battle is for control of the road junction in the centre


My command, infantry platoon, couple of light tank troops and a chieftan troop, plus other bits

James in the woods has the rest of the tank squadron, couple of infantry platoons and some other troops

Dave has tonnes of stuff and gets 1st go



Dave has rushed to capture the junction and is advancing across the board. I have deployed my Strikers and infantry to hold the line.I have a milan section and hoping to bugger him up with them

Dave's advance is costly, James' Chieftans. my Strikers and Chieftans have started to brew him up

Hinds fly about menacingly covering his advance - tough tokill but not that effective. They do look very cool though

He he comes. My flank is very weak

Call for a fast air attack which Dave turns into confetti


Dave's tank regiment facing James has been destroyed

More Hinds and tanks facing me. I have to withdraw behind smoke.I have called for reinforcements in the form of infantry platoon and will hold the wall

Looming large i would have retreated if this had been a campaign battle. Instead I cheated and brought on another full tank squadron


This killed him everywhere'

It's a great fast play set of rules and we are thinking about a short campaign. James has been shopping for West Germans and Dave has some Amricans. Ideal for a full Club battle.

We then played 3 games of Wings of Glory, really love it. Fun, easy, hard and very very dynamic

My new MK1 Spitfire

The game on Dave's cool mat

Me taking out a Stuka

Great day.

Finally the AHPC VIII catch up

6mm tanks - Heroics and Ros

Swingfires and and Abbott

Armoured Infantry Platoon

Numidian Elephant - warlord plus bits box



WW2 Naval section - Warlord


German paratroops disguised as nuns - Warlord


PC - looks like Davros. Warlord

US Marines - Cuban war - Northstar


A fun week



No comments:

Post a Comment