Tuesday 3 May 2022

It's Been a While

 Hello everybody.

It's been a whie since I posted, not since the Painting Challenge ended. I've not painted anything since them, some degree of burn out. I had a good challenge and painted a fabulous Lizardman army, amongst other stuff.

I've not stopped though, new job, holiday and lack of mojo have all combined. But I have played a couple of games


Pendraken opened their shop and Stig and I went along to run a 7YW demonstration. As usual the Austrians struggled to advance and the Prussians got up close and personal. The shop is great and I recommend you pop along if you can.

Next up I went over to play WW2 in Stig's shed - it's a lovely shed. We used rapid fire and it's a fun game. It was a close run thing until my army ran away!

I did do a little painting though. I've bought massive Polish and Ottoman armies, Winged Hussars and all that. 

3 bases of Polish Pancerni

Nice figures but not feeling the love at the moment

I now have a 2nd project in prep, a dwarf army to fight my lizardmen. I have some very old dwarfs, 35 years old original citadel types. These are to complete the units, obviously these are much bigger than the old school ones



I have 2 weekends of gaming coming up, a massive 10mm ACW game at the old guard and a back of beyond game the weekend after at Matt's. Promise I'll write them up






11 comments:

  1. It has been a while. Good to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you again on the blog Martin. I was wondering when the Poles would appear. Looking good even if the mojo's not with you yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta, I can hear the mojo getting louder but not quite yet

      Delete
  3. Great to see a news from you sir!
    Best regards

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to seeing the Old Skool, dwarves. I so regret selling mine off years ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had more but left them in an attic during a house more. Probably worth enough to buy a car now

      Delete
  6. Good to see some gaming….I fear a trip to Pendraken shop will only mean one thing ! More lead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to do gaming. Playing ACW using altar of freedom rules, corps scale gaming. Will let you know how it plays. Alwwys need more lead

      Delete