Sunday 27 January 2019

Tapshoes and Tutus

James has found a new room to game in


It's a little dance studio round the back of an industrial estate near his house

It's a cute little room but warm and with plenty of space for a massive battle 

Full of inspirational messages. This one I always do

We fought a Normandy WW2 battle with the Brits having to cross a railway embankment to attack the Germans

There was a village at either end


We had an infantry battalion with support, these we mine

These we Dave's and Ian had the centre. James was GM and the Germans

The intel

The combatants

The attack over the embankment, infantry 1st, armour to follow, embankment is difficult terrain for vehicles

Dave's advance uncovers a couple of pak 40s. The tiddly winks are collected as we advance and can be used to call in artillery. each also triggers a random event. They really keep you moving forward


Dave rushes forward with crocodiles in support, these are ridiculously good and I don't know why I gave them to Dave

Ian advances on the farmhouse and gets cut to pieces.

I uncover some Stugs and have no armour nearby. I have some PIATs though so will be fine!

My most advanced armour is a bren mounted vickers platoon. They cross over the embankment and get vapourised by a death ray. Suspect there are 88s on the table.

A troop of PzIV are inthe village and Dave drops smoke to give him chance to advance

Which he does and starts to take out the tanks who are useless against the Crocs.

My infantry as face to face with the Stugs and get mauled

Dave has taken the hill, cleared the pak 40s and butchers a mortar platoon in the woods

88s, told you they had a couple of death rays


I advance onhte village and a random event causes me to advance an extra 12" right into the gardens of the houses, which are full of Germans. Eek

My armour support arrives on mass

Dave is in the village

Nebelwerfers, excellent!

My armour has wiped out the Stugs

Te farmhouse is still holding out and so we call for air support which has little effect

I've stormed the village and taken the houses, awesome

James' last line of defence is a trench full of Germans that have further whittled down Ian's infantry

But I've flanked him with infantry and tanks. Game over, although the farmhouse is still holding out and Ian's company can't even field a football team.

Brilliant game in a cool place, plan to make it a monthly event, I may even get my tutu out

No comments:

Post a Comment