Tuesday 15 September 2020

Painting Catch Up

 Checking back through my blog posts I've not published any painting for ages. During lockdown I've done quite a lot, mainly 10mm 7YW and I've nearly finished the Prussians to give me 2 full armies. I'll dedicate a whole blog to them when they are done. Being a butterfly (a lockdown fat butterfly) as I got to the finishing line of the Prussians I immediately felt the urge to paint other stuff.

Matt, one of my enablers, has a large El Cid collection and I have lots of Normans but I had no Moors. Not quite true, I had some poorly painted ones and some Afghans. Dave, another enabler, swapped a Gripping Beast Black Guard Saga warband for my 10mm ACW Union. So I've build a meaningful Moor force. I've been using Vallejho washes and I like them


Gripping Beast 

Westfalia Napoleonic Afghans - lancers with shields. Any period really from 6th century to 19th

Warriors, mix of gripping beast metals and plastics with handful of Old Glory Pathans (see pervious image) 

Spearmen

And again

Guess

Archers - Gripping Beast metals and plastics

and again

1 army not enough. Well I've painted another. A few months ago Gripping Beast had sale where you could buy 25 Hun cavalry for £50. Always one for a bargain I bought a set

THe force, nice dark photo

The lancers

1 unit of archers

And another
Really enjoyed painting these, nice figures with dynamic poses.

Bored yet. Don't care, cos i also painted some gangsters. I had such a great time playing the gangster game with Dave that I bought some. I already have loads of 1930's armed civilians from VBCW, think I will be playing Peaky Blinders.
But I needed some more so I went shopping to Dixon's and Tsuba (via Empress)

Tongs - Tsuba. Like the Chinatown idea. Lovely figs

The Bailey Street Garage Boys. For all your chop shop needs

Barrow Gang

Long arm of the law.

My lead pile is now severely dented. 5 regiments of 10mm Prussians to paint and some odds and sods. Then it is all 10mm Italian Wars. Painting 10mm Landsknechts, yes I am an idiot. Could be worse I could be trying to reopen a University during a pandemic with rising cases. No wait, I'm doing that as well.






14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. cheers, so obviously I went shopping last night. More ACW!!!

      Delete
  2. Well that is a varied but great amount of painting, good to know there is someone dafter than me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice collection of moors, Martin! Great job!
    Westphalian Napoleonic Afghans lancers for the Reconquista? Who would have thought?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ta, I know it's odd. I have more but they have muskets

      Delete
  4. Good work and productive as ever. Perhaps now we can have that Al Andalusian battle. I’ll be in touch we might squeeze another game in the shed before the temp really drops ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great collection of new figures Martin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You've been a very busy isolated 'plus sized' butterfly Martin. Well done. This is inspiring me to get back to doing some Ottomans for my Malta project. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers, even sold some stuff on ebay to free up space. my 10mm renaissance stuff includes Ottomans and Poles so winged hussars all the way

      Delete